1.  » 
  2. Wills, Estate Planning And Probate Administration
  3.  » 
  4. Guardianships
  5.  » Guardianships For Minor Children

Who Will Care For Your Children If You Cannot?

When a parent is not able or available to care for a minor child, a guardianship may be established. A guardian can be appointed to act on behalf of a child. Alternatively, an extended family member may also seek temporary custody.

At Korshak & Associates, P.A., we understand that every situation is unique. We will help you make difficult decisions and ultimately help protect the minor for whom you are seeking to establish a guardianship.

To schedule a free 10-minute consultation with one of our attorneys, please complete our online contact form.

What Is A Guardianship?

A guardian is an individual who is appointed by the court to act in a legal capacity on behalf of another individual. In the case of a minor child, a guardian can make major life decisions on behalf of the ward.

A guardianship or temporary custody of a minor child may be beneficial when the biological or adoptive parents of a child are not able to care for the child. There may be other reasons, as well.

It is advisable to speak to an attorney to determine if a guardianship or temporary custody is beneficial in your situation.

What Types Of Guardianships Are There?

  • Guardianship of the person: Makes major life decisions on behalf of the ward such as those pertaining to medical care, education, etc
  • Guardianship of the property: Makes financial and legal decisions on behalf of the ward

Depending on the needs of the child, both types of guardianship may be established .

Find Out More:.

Learn More About Establishing A Guardianship: Contact Us Today

If you are interested in learning more about guardianships, please call us at 888-681-4389 .

Se habla español.

In This section:

Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. We have offices in Casselberry and Orlando.