Attorneys Stephen Korshak and Lee Karina Dani

Collecting Money After A Favorable Decision In A Domestication Case

Waiting For Your Money After A Favorable Decision In A Domestication Case? We Can Help.

Many people come to our law firm looking for help in either of these scenarios:

  • They live in Florida and have obtained a judgment against someone from outside of Florida.
  • They live out of state and have obtained a judgment against someone living in Florida.

Winning a judgment is a good thing. But how do you get the money?

Most law firms stop at this point. You’ve won your case – now what?

Obtaining a judgment against a debtor does not mean that he or she will pay.

Therefore, it may become necessary to work with an attorney in the aftermath of your domestication of foreign judgments case.

‘It’s Just A Piece Of Paper’ – Helping You Get Paid

After a judgment has been obtained, the debtor is legally obligated to pay.

But this does not always happen automatically. A piece of paper – legally enforceable or not – does not guarantee you’ll get paid. And as the person who is owed money, you may not know where to turn when the debtor isn’t paying.

At Korshak & Associates, we work with clients throughout all stages of the domestication of foreign judgments process. We can help you seek money if you are owed money – and we can help you explore options for getting payment once a judgment has been obtained.

During your initial consultation, we can discuss your specific options. We can explore wage garnishments, levies or bank searches to determine how to help you get your money.