Attorneys Stephen Korshak and Lee Karina Dani

How to Collect Judgments in Florida from Another State

When you are awarded a judgment against someone who then moves to another the state, the steps to collect on that judgement can get complicated. At this point, collecting on your judgement often requires the involvement of an out-of-state collections attorney.

Collecting an out-of-state judgment is known as a domestication of foreign judgment — foreign, in this case, referring to outside of a U.S. state, rather than a foreign country. It can be difficult just to locate the person or organization that owes you money even if everyone involved is still in the same state. When the debtor moves out of state, or if you move out of state yourself, the process becomes all the more convoluted.

Asset Search

At Korshak & Associates, our lawyers are adept at collecting judgments when one of the parties involved lives in Florida and the other does not. One of the strategies that we employ which many other firms do not implement is an “asset search.” Finding out what assets the debtor holds in Florida can greatly increase the likelihood of collecting on a judgement.

Rely on Us to Collect Judgements in Florida from Another State

The laws of other states can make the act of collecting a judgment considerably difficult for someone without direct experience in the area. Our Orlando attorneys are familiar with the rules and regulations regarding the domestication of foreign judgments.

Attorneys from other states often rely on our considerable experience to assist their clients with resolving issues that arise from out-of-state judgments. We put that experience and skill to work for our clients who are eager to close the book on a foreign judgment that may have been outstanding for a considerable amount of time.

Get in touch with the collections attorneys at Korshak & Associates today by calling 888-681-4389 . You may also contact us by email.