Attorneys Stephen Korshak and Lee Karina Dani

How Can I Collect On A Judgment From Another State?

The process of collecting a debt has the potential to be a cumbersome one. This is particularly true if you are attempting to secure payment of a debt in a different state. You might have successfully obtained a judgment regarding the debt, but the question of how you can collect on a judgment from another state can be complicated.

The process, known as a domestication of foreign judgment, is something familiar to the attorneys at Korshak & Associates, P.A., in Orlando. Our decades of experience in the area of collections law means that you can count on reliable guidance from us as you work toward collecting the debt.

Helping You Get The Results You Expect

It can take some time to receive a judgment regarding a debt — sometimes, long enough so that either you or the other party has left the state. If you have moved to Florida after obtaining a judgment somewhere else, or if you moved away after a ruling here, the degree of difficulty with regard to collecting the debt increases.

The versions of the Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act in each state can vary, so it is crucial to work with an experienced attorney who will follow the proper protocol to ensure that such complex collection efforts can be completed successfully.

Korshak & Associates has office in Orlando, Florida. Contact us to discuss your case by phone at 888-681-4389 , or by completing our convenient email form.