Adult Guardianships

Many adults with mental or physical conditions may be unable to make important decisions for themselves. In such cases, these individuals need a legal guardian to make decisions on their behalf. Likewise, when minor children lose both parents, they will also need a legal guardian until the age of adulthood.

If you are a family member or friend of such an individual, and wish to become his or her legal representative, Korshak & Associates, P.A., can help. Our lawyers have been trusted by residents in central Florida for many years. We have guided numerous individuals through the process of becoming guardians, and are also ready to assist you.

To learn more and schedule a no-risk consultation, please contact our firm at 888-681-4389 .

Your Responsibilities As A Guardian Of The Person

If you wish to seek a guardianship of the person for a family member or loved one, there is a range of legal details that you must address. Your position as a guardian will be very important to the welfare of another individual, so we must prove to the court that you are capable, free from certain crimes and have the best interests of the ward at mind.

As a guardian of the person, you will be responsible for a number of medical and personal welfare decisions on behalf of the ward, including:

  • Selection of ward’s residence
  • Making provisions for food and clothing
  • Making decisions on medical treatment
  • Making educational decisions
  • Whether to allow life support

In addition to helping you secure rights as a legal guardian, our lawyers can also provide ongoing advisement to help ensure you maintain legal compliance throughout the duration of your guardianship.

You’re More Than Just A Number Here

When you’re looking for legal help with an issue as personal as a guardianship, you deserve to work with a law firm that truly has your best interests in mind.

At Korshak & Associates, P.A., you’re more than just a number. We care about the outcome of your case, and we are committed to helping you meet your goals.

Contact Our Guardianship Of A Minor Child Lawyers

With offices in Casselberry and Orlando, we represent clients throughout central Florida in a range of guardianship matters. To speak with an Orlando adult guardianship attorney at Korshak & Associates, P.A., call 888-681-4389 . You may also contact us by email.

In This section:

Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. We have offices in Casselberry and Orlando.