1.  » 
  2. Family Law
  3.  » Name Change

Orlando Name Change Attorney

People’s names, both first and last, are very personal and can give a sense of identity. For the majority of individuals, the first name they were born with is the name that they will keep throughout life. And for females, last name change is normally only associated with marriage or divorce.

But there are actually many other times when name change becomes very important to an individual or family. However, the legal process to do so can be confusing and has varying requirements depending on your specific circumstances. If you or a family member wishes to secure a legal name change, now is the time to seek legal guidance to ensure a seamless process.

With offices in Casselberry and Orlando, we represent clients throughout Central Florida in all family law matters. To speak with an Orlando name change lawyer at Korshak & Associates, P.A., call 888-681-4389 . You may also contact us by email.

Name Change After Marriage — Attorneys Providing A Stress-Free And Efficient Name Change Process

At Korshak & Associates, P.A., our lawyers help clients who wish to legally change their first and/or last name. Based on your specific circumstances, we will file all the appropriate paperwork with the courts, government agencies and law enforcement officials if necessary. When you work with our law firm, we will take the stress and uncertainty out of the process.

We are ready to help you obtain a legal name change for any number of reasons, including:

  • Husband taking wife’s name upon marriage
  • A wife taking husband’s name long after the marriage has occurred
  • Adopting a child
  • Dislike current name
  • Desire for a less or more ethnic name
  • Religious reasons
  • Same-sex partners wishing to have same last name
  • Reverting to maiden name long after a divorce
  • Transgender name change

A Note About Marriage/Divorce And Name Change

Both marriage and divorce are legal processes, and both parties may include a legal name change within either of these proceedings. However, once a marriage or divorce is finalized, you must file a new legal action to change your name.

In This section:

Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. We have offices in Casselberry and Orlando.