Domestication Of Foreign Judgments In Florida

After the long and painstaking process of obtaining a judgment against a defendant, you now realize that the defendant has moved to Florida and it may become difficult or impossible to collect on your judgment. Fortunately, there is a process to have out-of-state judgments registered in Florida.

Korshak & Associates, P.A., can help. Our firm has been helping individuals and business clients throughout Florida with their legal needs for more than 25 years. In addition to representing local clients, our lawyers have helped many out-of-state clients who require assistance registering an order in Florida.

Registering Out-Of-State And Out-Of-Country Judgments In Florida

The process of registering an out-of-state judgment in Florida is relatively simple. Once your judgment is registered in Florida, the state will allow you to enforce the judgment in the same manner as if it were originally a Florida judgment. You may be able to use the judgment to place a lien on the defendant's real property or personal property, as allowed by Florida law.

Korshak & Associates also has experience registering judgments of the United States federal courts and judgments from foreign countries. Once the order is registered, we can also provide collection services for out-of-state or out-of-country clients.

Contact Our Orlando Attorneys

Let us put our experience to work for you. Korshak & Associates has offices in Casselberry and Orlando, Florida. For assistance, call 407-680-1471 or contact us toll free at 800-587-2470. You may also contact us by email.